Thursday, April 15, 2010

Confession

Before we had our second baby recently, it used be a regular point of discussion among us friends, if one should go for a second kid. Given we would always be struggling with taking care of our first one, having another, had to be a well thought, discussed and consulted decision. And for the outcome of the discussion, it would always be that two kids can entertain each other and you are "off the hook" pretty much. Especially coming from parents of two kids {and more}, we fell for it, literally.

Now that we have two, the statement of they can entertain each other doesn't quite seem to be true, atleast not until now. It's been few months now and we are never "off the hook" at all, instead both of us are pretty much "stuck" with atleast one of them at any given instance. Both the kids "demand" completely different level of entertainments, if you know what I mean and if you just said yes to that, trust me you don't, unless you have two {or more} yourself. So....... when we met this family of three (they recently moved into our neighborhood) last weekend, the memory of the days of all the discussions of going for second and the faces of all our dear friends who coined the phrase "off the hook", was fresh again.

With their daughter around the same age as my Tammy (my older one), playing in the room upstairs, we mommies decided that we should be in the same room so as to keep an eye. During our conversation the lady complimented me for how great I look for the fact that I just had a baby. I really liked the lady, coz if you don't know, "looking great" or "you have lost all your weight" is the sweetest compliment you can give to a new mommy and she was going exactly by the books.

I guess most parents to one kid, consider a lot before taking on the decision for the next one, I believe going or not going for more just comes out naturally after that.

So when she asked me, "How is life with two kids?", " How did we decide on having another kid?" etc, you would wonder what my reply was. Well, I can summarize my answer by saying that I gave her the concept of "off the hook" myself.....surprised?.....yeah, I was too......and honestly I really liked the family......I still am trying to figure out what got into me. I looked at the closet mirror in front of me and I could see the devils horns on my head. It's been four days now and I feel really sad for not giving her the true picture of life with two kids.

"Off the hook" is only a hope for us right now, "We are stuck" is the current slogan.

{sigh}.....So help me GOD......'coz I have sinned.........

No comments:

Post a Comment