Monday, March 16, 2009

The water I drink changed

My company provides bottled water in addition to filtered water and of course some other every day drinks free. I joined this company few months back and got hooked to drinking bottled water for no specific reason. When I joined they also gave a water bottle with their logo on it. Just that I never got a chance to wash it, to be able to use it. By the way, I would always recycle those empty bottles and I am very particular about recycling stuff.

Few times in last couple of months, the recycling container would get full as its emptied once a week, I suppose and my colleagues and I would talk about having a bigger recycling container. It appeared to me that I was a big contributor to the recycling container as I would also read news paper every day on my way home and back to work in the train and drop it in the container the next morning.

One of my colleague asked me few times during our recycling discussion if I drink the bottled water and after answering to his question I would ask him why did he ask that and he would say, "oh! Just like that". I did not understand the purpose of him asking that question repeatedly until last week when I was throwing my empty bottle back into the recycling container which was pretty full already.

So this weekend I washed the water bottle my company gave me and I have a strong feeling that we will not need a bigger recycling container anymore. My new water bottle is sitting at my desk, half filled, and the recycle container only has few old new papers.

One more step towards going green...

No comments:

Post a Comment