Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Life without APPLE

Sometimes I wonder if it's a sin to not own any Apple product and this feeling got stronger since I started taking public transportation to work.

I sit there with my newspaper, worried about where the world is going. All I get out of it is more depression. When I pull my head out of the newspaper and look around, I find everyone around me (well most, there still are few depressed souls with newspaper in their hand in this world.....and my train) lost in the music from their iphones and ipods, shaking their head in rhythm with a look of complete ZEN. No worries of the economy downturn, job market, political tug-of-war, or who shot who.

Listening to music for me is a distraction, unlike most; I cannot work while listening to songs, so I never thought of owning an ipod. But this zen-ness is quite tempting. The feeling of having sinned by subjecting my mind to such torture from reading everyday news has surrounded me these days. Being aloof from the world and its miseries sure sounds The Right Way to live the rest of my life.

So here I am, writing this blog, especially addressing all you ipod and iphone owners, how has owning such zen-ning product affected your life?....Should I go for it too?

Sincerely,
living asis

No comments:

Post a Comment